In 2024, families can access fee relief for preschool-aged children through the NSW Government’s Start Strong program.
Families with children who are at least 4 years old on or before 31 July 2024 (the child’s birthdate must be on, or before, 31 July 2020), and who are enrolled in a preschool program in a long day care setting may save up to $2,110.00 in 2024.
Families with children who are 3 years old and not yet 4 years old on or before 31 July 2024 (the child’s birthdate must be on, or between, 1 August 2020 and 31 July 2021), and who are enrolled at an eligible long day care service may save up to $500 in 2024.
How the fee relief works
- The funding for your child’s fee relief will be provided to Kiddie Academy, directly from the NSW Government, and we will pass this fee relief on to you as a reduction to your fees.
- You cannot receive fee relieve at more than one early childhood education service.
- There will be no impact on your Child Care Subsidy (CCS). Fee relief is not income tested and you do not need to be receiving CCS to be eligible for fee relief.
- There are no citizenship or residency status requirements to access fee relief.
The fee relief will be allocated to you as a flat rate across the number of weeks our service is open during the calendar year.
Kiddie Academy is open for 52 weeks a year for 2024. This means:
- Families of children who are at least 4 years old on or before 31 July 2024 may be eligible to receive $40.57 of fee relief a week.
- Families of children who are 3 years old and not yet 4 years old on or before 31 July 2024 may be eligible to receive $9.61 of fee relief a week.
If your child will be attending another service that offers fee relief (a community preschool or another long day care service), it is up to you to choose which service you would like to receive fee relief from. You will need to fill out a Declaration and Consent form at each service your child attends.
How to receive fee relief
If your child is at least 3 years old on or before 31 July 2024, you must:
- Complete the attached 2024 Declaration and Consent form.
- Return the form to us as soon as possible.
It’s important that you complete the form so that we know whether our service should apply fee relief to your child’s statement.
Please return the form on or before 22 December 2023. If you have further questions, please feel free to speak with your Centre Director.
Group Operations Manager